Salt River Campout Trip
- 10:00 AM Departure
- March 2 to May 5 (2019)
- 10 miles on the river
- Beginner/Intermediate Class III-IV rapids
- Ages 8 years and up*
- Three meals included – one each of breakfast, lunch and dinner
- High water/cool weather items included (wetsuit, wetshoes & splash jacket)
- Experienced guide on each raft
- Located near Globe, AZ – near Phoenix and Tucson
- Ask Us a Question!
- Salt River Maps
About the Salt River Campout Trip
The Salt River Campout trip combines a relaxing night of camping on our riverside beach with a fast-paced day of exciting white water rafting on the Salt River Full Day section. Stay the night before or after your rafting adventure at our established camp where we have chemical toilets, a kitchen trailer, and campfire ring.
Arrive at our office by 9am the day of your trip departure. Get changed into your river gear and head out on your Full Day white water rafting adventure! Tackle class III-IV rapids and take in the beautiful scenery before stopping for a hot steak, chicken and veggie fajita lunch at the same location you will be camping. Power through more exciting rapids after lunch before you wrap up your full day rafting adventure. Our shuttle will take you back to your vehicle where you will pack up essential camp items before driving back down to camp. Our guides will prepare a delicious dinner for you while you set up camp and enjoy the campfire. We will drive you back up to your vehicle after an early breakfast the next morning.
If you would rather travel farther and deeper into the grandeur of the Salt River Canyon Wilderness, consider joining a 2 Day Expedition, 3 Day, 4 Day or 5 Day Wilderness trip. These trips are accessible only by raft and travel through the remote and beautiful canyons that offer abundant riverside beach campsites.
The Salt River is one of the most unique rivers in the country. Its location on the southern edge of the Colorado Plateau is at the crossroads of mountain and desert ecosystems, resulting in a striking variety of plant, animal and bird life. Several side canyon hikes lead to oasis-like microhabitats that are a delight to explore.
- *Youth must be age 8 or older and weigh at least 50 lbs. Minimum age and weight are subject to increase due to high water.
- Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more.
- Please arrive at least 1 hour prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your wetsuit, wetshoes, splash jacket, lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat, port-a-potties, transportation to and from the river and meals (one each of breakfast, lunch and dinner). The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, $25 Apache Permit Fee or guide tip.
- Please visit our packing list page for a complete list of what to bring, where to meet and more!
Lydia filled us with confidence. She was skilled and knowledgeable and explained each set of rapids so we knew what to expect. She was great company and we had the best experience. She was brilliant.
I cannot wait to come back! Also loved how funny all the guides were. It was the most I’ve seen my sister laugh in a long time! Thank you so much for this amazing experience.
I spent several days researching various rafting options and after speaking w/your team was sold. We were not disappointed-the trip is spectacular and our guide Sean was informative, lively professional and entertaining.