2 Day Salt River Expedition
2 Day Rafting Expedition!
- 9:00 AM Departure
- March 1 to May 9 (2020)
- 42 miles on the river
- Beginner/Intermediate Class III-IV rapids
- Ages 10 years and up*
- Meals included, from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 2
- High water/cool weather items included (wetsuit, wetshoes & splash jacket)
- Experienced guide on each raft
- Located near Globe, AZ – near Phoenix and Tucson
- Ask Us a Question!
- Salt River Maps
About the Salt River 2 Day Expedition Trip
The 2 Day Expedition trip launches at the point the Full Day trips ends. In two days we travel 42 miles through White Rock, and Granite Canyons continuing through the inaccessible Jumpoff Canyon into the Salt River Wilderness. Our stop for the night will be one of the abundant riverside campsites that are accessible only by raft.
Hear and feel the roar of exciting rapids such as Black Rock, The Maze, Quartzite Falls, and Corkscrew in just two days! Multi-day Salt River trips provide an opportunity for total escape. Experience world-class whitewater, fascinating geology, giant saguaro cactus, Indian ruins, and desert canyons carpeted in Sonoran Desert wildflowers.
The Salt River is one of the most unique rivers in the country. Its location on the southern edge of the Colorado Plateau is at the crossroads of mountain and desert ecosystems, resulting in a striking variety of plant, animal and bird life. You’ll descend through oak and juniper woodlands into the stunning Lower Sonoran desert with its towering multi-armed saguaro cactus. The Salt River Canyon is truly a hidden treasure of the southwest.
This trip has a strict maximum of 12 people per trip.
- *Youth must be age 10 or older and weigh at least 60 lbs. Minimum age and weight are subject to increase due to high water.
- Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more.
- Please arrive at least 1 hour prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your wetsuit, wetshoes, splash jacket, lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat, overnight bag, portable chemical toilet, transportation to and from the river and all meals from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 2. The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, $25 Apache Permit Fee or guide tip.
- Please visit our packing list page for a complete list of what to bring, where to meet and more!
Lydia filled us with confidence. She was skilled and knowledgeable and explained each set of rapids so we knew what to expect. She was great company and we had the best experience. She was brilliant.
I cannot wait to come back! Also loved how funny all the guides were. It was the most I’ve seen my sister laugh in a long time! Thank you so much for this amazing experience.
I spent several days researching various rafting options and after speaking w/your team was sold. We were not disappointed-the trip is spectacular and our guide Sean was informative, lively professional and entertaining.