What sets us apart…..
why choose wilderness aware?
Our office in Buena Vista, Colorado is a point of pride for us. It is one of the most important reasons we can provide you with high quality experience. Here are some of the amenities our facility provides:
- Free continental breakfast
- Sparkling clean restrooms and changing rooms
- Souvenir store with photos of YOU on the river
- Licensed food preparation facility
- Shaded meeting area and riverside picnic site
- Cleaning system allowing us to clean rental gear after EACH use
Our whitewater rafting guides, office staff, drivers and managers are out to exceed your expectations each and every day. Our Management Team, including the owner, are involved in day to day operations to ensure that every person who rafts with us gets the best possible experience.
We have this crazy passion for what we do, and when comes down to it, nothing makes us happier than sharing our passion with you. Without you, there is no way we could do our jobs day in and day out.
Our Mission Statement:
Wilderness Aware Rafting is dedicated to creating cherished lifelong memories by providing outstanding experiences that exceed our guest’s expectations.
Our Guiding Principles:
We support a fun yet professional staff that fosters respect and appreciation for Colorado and Arizona rivers.
Wilderness Aware operates on a sound economic foundation. We are committed to continuously improving our products and service to provide exceptional value for our guests while offering a variety of opportunities and financial rewards for our employees.
We hold deep appreciation for the unique personalities of our employees and guests. Diversity makes our company strong as each person contributes their strengths in a manner that creates a sense of community that encourages personal growth.
Above all else, we are committed to providing you with a safe, exciting trip that you will remember forever. We offer a wide variety of trip lengths and locations – we guarantee you’ll get the ideal trip!
- Operate on five rivers in Colorado – including the extremely popular and exciting Arkansas River
- Operate on Arizona’s Salt River – a hidden gem with exciting rapids and breathtaking scenery
- Self-contained multi-day trips that provide riverside meals you won’t find anywhere else!
- Frequently Asked Trip Questions!