SUMMER RAFTING JOBS COLORADO STUDENT EMPLOYMENT
Thank You for your Interest in Employment with Wilderness Aware Rafting
Each summer, Wilderness Aware hires guide staff, office staff and drivers.
Office and Driver Staff:
- Customer Service Representative (Office Staff) – Job Description and Application
- Shuttle Driver – Job Description and Application
Information for First-Time Guides:
We are no longer accepting guide applications for our 2018 river season. Applications for 2019 will be accepted from November 2018 through mid-February 2019. Your chances of being accepted onto an interview trip are greater if you apply in December and January.
- Guide Hiring Process – PLEASE READ THIS PAGE BEFORE YOU APPLY. If you are interested in becoming a river guide, please note that previous rafting experience is NOT necessary. We will provide you with all of the necessary training needed to turn you into a top quality professional river guide.
- Guide Application and Guide Interview Trip Registration Form
- River Guide’s Job Description and Pay Scale
Information for Experienced River Guides:
Off-Season Employment Opportunities:
“These boatmen. These jet-set river guides. Bright, handsome, talented young men with many skills, equally adept at river running, cooking, rock climbing, glacier trekking, search and rescue, fishing, hunting, skiing, guitar, harmonica, song. True outdoorsmen, who not only know but also love the out-of-doors. And indeed, how could you know it unless you loved it? As on any commercial river trip, the boatmen– and often, these days, the boat women– are the best part of the trip. The most interesting part. The rest is scenery.”
Edward Abbey, Down the River