Salt River Wilderness 5 Day Trip
5 Day Wilderness Trip!
- 9:00 AM Departure
- March 1 to May 6 (2020)
- 51 miles on the river
- Beginner/Intermediate Class III-IV rapids
- Ages 10 years and up*
- Meals included, from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 5
- High water/cool weather items included (wetsuit, wetshoes & splash jacket)
- Experienced guide on each raft
- Located near Globe, AZ – near Phoenix and Tucson
- Ask Us a Question!
- Salt River Maps
About the Salt River 5 Day Wilderness Trip
The Salt River 5 Day Trip is one of the premier Wilderness trips in the United States. This trip provides an opportunity for total escape. We have the luxury of time to explore flowing creeks in beautiful side canyons, play games on sand beaches, and generally get into the flow of what we call “river time”. Experience world-class whitewater, fascinating geology, giant multi-armed saguaro cactus, Indian ruins, and desert canyons carpeted in Sonoran Desert wildflowers. The Salt River Canyon is truly a hidden treasure of the southwest.
Strict limits on the number of groups launching each day ensures that crowds will not degrade the experience that many boaters seek.
5 day trips travel farther and deeper into the grandeur of the Salt River Canyon system than our 2 or 3 Day wilderness trips. Remote, inaccessible Jumpoff Canyon and the Goosenecks offer abundant riverside campsites that are accessible only by raft. Hear and feel the roar of exciting rapids such as Quartzite Falls, Black Rock, The Maze, and Corkscrew.
This trip has a strict maximum of 12 people per trip.
- *Youth must be age 10 or older and weigh at least 60 lbs. Minimum age and weight are subject to increase due to high water.
- Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more.
- Please arrive at least 1 hour prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your wetsuit, wetshoes, splash jacket, lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat, overnight bag, portable chemical toilet, transportation to and from the river and all meals from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 5. The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, $50 Apache Permit Fee or guide tip.
- Please visit our packing list page for a complete list of what to bring, where to meet and more!
Lydia filled us with confidence. She was skilled and knowledgeable and explained each set of rapids so we knew what to expect. She was great company and we had the best experience. She was brilliant.
I cannot wait to come back! Also loved how funny all the guides were. It was the most I’ve seen my sister laugh in a long time! Thank you so much for this amazing experience.
I spent several days researching various rafting options and after speaking w/your team was sold. We were not disappointed-the trip is spectacular and our guide Sean was informative, lively professional and entertaining.