Bighorn Sheep Half Day Trip
Half Day Rafting Trip!
- 9:30 AM & 1:30 PM Departure
- 12:30 PM Departure (early/late season)
- April to late-September
- 6-8 miles on the river
- Beginner/Intermediate Class II-III rapids
- Ages 6 years and up*
- Experienced guide on each raft
- Located near Cañon City – close to Colorado Springs and Denver
- Ask Us a Question!
- Arkansas River Maps
About the Arkansas River Bighorn Sheep Canyon Half Day Trip
Get some rafting experience under your belt on this family-friendly half day trip through beautiful Bighorn Sheep Canyon. This trip combines the perfect amount of fast-paced whitewater with mellow, mild rapids to create a fantastic trip suitable for first-timers and outgoing kids.
In addition to the fun, splashy rapids you will experience on the river, enjoy the fantastic Colorado scenery. Bighorn Sheep Canyon is full of interesting geological formation and an abundance of wildlife, including the Colorado Bighorn Sheep – of course! Enjoy this adventures as a Full Day trip, or for a similar rafting experience further upstream near Buena Vista, take a look at our Lower Browns Canyon or Browns Canyon Half Day.
Each Bighorn Sheep Canyon trip booked by Wilderness Aware is run by our partner, Echo Canyon River Expeditions. Echo Canyon runs a quality operation with highly-trained and skilled guides.
- *Youth must be age 6 years or older. Minimum age is subject to increase due to high water, typically late-May through June.
- Please arrive at least 30-45 minutes prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat and transportation to and from the river. The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, cold weather rentals or guide tip.
- Please visit our packing list page for a complete list of what to bring, where to meet and more!
Lydia filled us with confidence. She was skilled and knowledgeable and explained each set of rapids so we knew what to expect. She was great company and we had the best experience. She was brilliant.
I cannot wait to come back! Also loved how funny all the guides were. It was the most I’ve seen my sister laugh in a long time! Thank you so much for this amazing experience.
I spent several days researching various rafting options and after speaking w/your team was sold. We were not disappointed-the trip is spectacular and our guide Sean was informative, lively professional and entertaining.