Bighorn Sheep Full Day Trip
Full Day Rafting Trip!
- 9:30 AM Departure
- Late-May to mid-August
- 19 miles on the river
- Beginner/Intermediate Class II-III rapids
- Ages 6 years and up*
- Riverside steak lunch included
- Experienced guide on each raft
- Located near Cañon City – close to Colorado Springs and Denver
- Ask Us a Question!
About the Arkansas River Bighorn Sheep Canyon Full Day Trip
Experience energetic and enjoyable whitewater on a full day of family-friendly rafting on Bighorn Sheep Canyon. Mellow water is accented by exciting rapids during this trip, creating a wonderful full day adventure suitable for outgoing young families and timid first-timers.
Rugged Colorado scenery surrounds the Arkansas River and you wind your way downstream. Take in the astounding beauty of the area and spot one of the many Colorado Bighorn Sheep and other wildlife that call this canyon home. If you are short on time, consider the Bighorn Sheep Half Day trip, or wander further upstream and tackle the more challenging, but still family friendly Browns Canyon Full Day.
Each Bighorn Sheep Canyon trip booked by Wilderness Aware is run by our partner, Echo Canyon River Expeditions. Echo Canyon runs a quality operation with highly-trained and skilled guides. Click Here for directions to their headquarters.
- *Youth ages 6 years and up. Minimum age is subject to increase due to high water, typically late-May through June.
- Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more.
- Please arrive at least 30-45 minutes prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat, transportation to and from the river and lunch. The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, cold weather rentals or guide tip.
Lydia filled us with confidence. She was skilled and knowledgeable and explained each set of rapids so we knew what to expect. She was great company and we had the best experience. She was brilliant.
I cannot wait to come back! Also loved how funny all the guides were. It was the most I’ve seen my sister laugh in a long time! Thank you so much for this amazing experience.
I spent several days researching various rafting options and after speaking w/your team was sold. We were not disappointed-the trip is spectacular and our guide Sean was informative, lively professional and entertaining.