SCOUT RIVER RAFTING TRIPS – ADVENTURE AND ACHIEVEMENT
Wilderness Aware Rafting has been guiding Boy and Girl Scout whitewater trips since 1976. We take our responsibility very seriously and know that you also have a responsibility as a leader to the parents of your scouts to provide an experience that is exciting, yet within the bounds of reasonable risk. We hope the following information makes your decision to join on a rafting adventure an easy one.
We offer substantial discounts for Scout Groups of 10 people or more.
Check out our GROUP RATES!
Whitewater Merit Badge Option:
With a group of 10 or more Scouts we can offer the Whitewater Merit Badge
Earning this badge is best accomplished on a 2, 3 or 5 day raft trip. This gives time for the Scouts to practice skills learned and gain a measure of proficiency. If you are on a budget or have time constraints, speak to us about the possibility of an abbreviated course in a full day trip, or combine a day trip and a half day trip.
Our guides enjoy working with Scouts and will make earning the requirements fun as well as educational. To assure requirement compliance, we have developed a complete syllabus and itinerary, whitewater trip planner and a fun post trip test.
We normally use rafts to complete the requirements of the badge. If you would like to earn the “Kayaking BSA Award” and gain proficiency in an inflatable kayak, you will need to allow at least 3 days on the water.
Check out the whitewater rafting brochure put together by BSA in 2018 – featuring photos of our company!
based on 10 reviews
Lots of Learning
This was the trip of a lifetime!
Scouts had a ball
Troop 470 Thanks
The guides treated scouts nicely!
We will recommend you
Trip Planning & Resources:
- BSA Safety Afloat: This needs to be covered prior to arrival at Wilderness Aware.
- American Whitewater Safety Code: This needs to be covered prior to arrival at Wilderness Aware.
- Whitewater Merit Badge Syllabus (Full Day) OR Whitewater Merit Badge Syllabus (Multi-Day):
This syllabus will be used by our trip leader.
- Whitewater Trip Planner: We will use this to complete requirement #13. Each Scout will be required to fill this out with our leader’s assistance.
- Post Trip Test: A fun way to finish the trip on the bus ride back to our office.
Meet Wilderness Aware owner Joe Greiner
- Eagle Scout – Troop 20, Stillwater, OK
- Scoutmaster – Troop 67, Buena Vista 2009-2013
- Proud father – 2 Eagle Scouts-Ben and Ethan
- Member – Order of the Arrow
- Attended – Philmont Scout Ranch
- Participated – 1973 National Scout Jamboree
Why Wilderness Aware?
- Why Choose Us Page – who we are!
- Excellent Safety Record
- Highly Rated on Trip Advisor
- Colorado Company of the Year – Twice!
- Won BBB Excellence in Customer Service Award
- Renewable Energy Leader
Book Now for the Full Day Browns Canyon Merit Badge Trip on the Arkansas River
Adults and Youth receive special discounted rate of $87.20 + fees ($95.05 per person)