Royal Gorge Half Day Trip
Half Day Rafting Trip!
About the Arkansas River Royal Gorge Half Day Trip
Get a taste of extreme whitewater on a half day adventure through the Arkansas River’s Royal Gorge. This trip is packed full of exhilarating drops, challenging maneuvers, large waves and hits – enough keep you on your toes the entire trip!
In the short time between exciting rapids, take in the amazing geology that surrounds the river. Sheer canyon walls shoot up from the riverside with the popular Royal Gorge suspension bridge spanning the top at 1,053 feet above the river. For a longer rafting adventure, consider rafting our Royal Gorge Full Day – which includes the fast-paced Bighorn Sheep Canyon section before lunch.
Each Royal Gorge trip booked by Wilderness Aware is run by our partner, Echo Canyon River Expeditions. Echo Canyon runs a quality operation with highly-trained and skilled guides.
- *Youth must be age 14 years or older. Minimum age is subject to increase due to high water, typically late-May through June.
- Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more.
- Please arrive at least 30-45 minutes prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat, and transportation to and from the river. The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, cold weather rentals or guide tip.
- Please visit our packing list page for a complete list of what to bring, where to meet and more!
Lydia filled us with confidence. She was skilled and knowledgeable and explained each set of rapids so we knew what to expect. She was great company and we had the best experience. She was brilliant.
I cannot wait to come back! Also loved how funny all the guides were. It was the most I’ve seen my sister laugh in a long time! Thank you so much for this amazing experience.
I spent several days researching various rafting options and after speaking w/your team was sold. We were not disappointed-the trip is spectacular and our guide Sean was informative, lively professional and entertaining.