Raft the non-stop action, steep drops and tight technical turns of this exciting Arkansas River half day adventure. Suitable for advanced rafters and those ages 14+, this trip departs from Buena Vista, Colorado – close to Denver, Colorado Springs and major resort towns. This exhilarating and challenging trip is available from May 15 to Aug 20.
- 9 AM & 12:45 PM Departure
- May 15 to August 20
- 6 miles on the river
- Advanced, Class IV-V rapids
- Ages 14 years and up*
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- Experienced guide on each raft
- Centrally located – close to Denver and major resort towns
About the Arkansas River Numbers Half Day Trip
If you are short of time and can’t enjoy the Full Day Numbers experience, try just a taste of the Numbers. This trip covers the biggest rapids of the day, but cuts a half of a day of very continuous and exciting whitewater from the Numbers Full Day trip.
Extremely rocky, this steep and very technical series of drops requires pinpoint precision paddling. Be prepared to make radical maneuvers as you punch powerful hydraulics and make lateral raft moves to thread the needle in boulder-choked drops. If you have time to look around you, the views of the 14,000 foot Collegiate Peaks are awe inspiring.
This trip is one step tougher than our Royal Gorge trip. If you’re looking for extreme action this is the trip for you!
- *Adult price is valid for those 14 years and older. Minimum age is subject to increase due to high water, typically late-May through June.
- Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more.
- Please arrive at least 30-45 minutes prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat, transportation to and from the river, continental breakfast for morning departures, snack after the trip and free use of our shaded dog kennel. The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, cold weather rentals or guide tip.
Map & Directions to Buena Vista, CO
Wilderness Aware Rafting’s office is located on Hwy 285 & 24 about 3 miles south of Buena Vista, CO – just east of the Arkansas River bridge and the small community of Johnson Village.
- Packing List and Pre-Trip Information: a complete list of what to bring, what we provide, rental costs and directions.
- Liability Release: required for each rafter. Please feel free to complete this form prior to arrival. Each person under 18 years of age requires a parent/guardian to co-sign.
- Arkansas River Description: information about the Arkansas River, including a complete list of all trips we offer.
- Itinerary: read our sample itinerary.
- Gallery: look through photos of the Arkansas River, our other rivers, staff, wildlife and more.
- River Map: check out our detailed river maps including rapids and other features.
- FAQ’s: Take a look through our most frequently asked questions and answers.
Arkansas River Numbers Stretch Water Flow Graph
This graph shows the water levels and flow for the Numbers Section for the last week. The blue line in the graph is the last week and the yellow triangles are the historical averages for the same days.
USGS Arkansas River water flow measured Granite, Colorado