Get Ready for Your Trip!
the north platte river
departure & return times
Please share with everyone in your group. If you have any questions or need additional information call us at 1.800.462.7238.
Please arrive 30-45 minutes before your trip departure time.
Trip: Full Day
Departs: 9:00 am
Returns: 4:00 am – 5:00 pm
Trip: 2 Day
Departs: 9:00 am
Returns: 4:00 – 5:00 pm
where to meet
Routte Access – Drive north from Walden on Hwy 125. Continue 4.4 miles toward Saratoga, WY on Hwy 125 from the junction with Hwy 127. Turn right on the first road past the river. You will see our vehicle in the parking lot. Your car will be left here. You may camp at the first large parking lot at no charge. Outhouses are the only facilities. We will transport you back to your car after the trip.
what to bring
What to Bring
- Swimming Suit and/or Shorts
- Tennis Shoes or Secure Sandals (no flip-flops or Crocs)
- Sunglasses with Securing Strap
- Waterproof Sunscreen
- Hat or Visor (can be worn under your helmet)
- Fleece Jacket or Synthetic Insulating Layer
- Waterproof Camera (available for sale)
- Cash For Tipping Your Guide
- Water Bottle
- Do Not Wear Cotton on the River (no jeans or sweats)
Quick dry apparel is available in our retail store
What to Bring – Camp
- Warm Sleeping Bag / Ground Pad (available to rent)
- Tent (available to rent)
- Warm Jacket
- Rain Jacket or Poncho
- Dry Shoes for Camp
- Change of Clothes and Small Towel
- Headlamp or Flashlight
- Plastic Bag for Wet Clothes
- Insect Repellant
- Favorite Beverage (Beer or Soda)
- Favorite Book or Toy
- Professional Guides
- Rafting and Safety Equipment
- Transportation back to your vehicle after the trip
- Lunch on Full Day
We provide on 2 day
- Meals from Lunch on the First Day to Lunch on the Last Day
- Lemonade and Water with Meals and Hot Drinks in Camp
- Personal Waterproof Storage Bags – 3.2 cu. ft.
- All Kitchen and Group Camping Equipment
- Portable Chemical Toilets
2 day trips include free pair of wetsuit booties
Wetsuit Booties Only
Sleeps 2 people w/gear
Sleeping Bag w/ Ground Pad
Ground Pad Only
other important information
- River Maps
- Lodging Information
- Reservation/Cancellation Policies
- Liability Releases
- Q & A: Common Trip Questions
Check out the section of river you will be rafting – complete with put-in’s, takeouts, rapids and other interesting features.
- For Additional Lodging and Activity Information, contact the Walden Chamber of Commerce at 970-723-4600.
- FULL DAY Cancellation Policy (NON-discounted reservations): If your group or any person in your group cancels their trip up to 72 hours prior to departure date and time, you will receive a full refund. No cancellation fees. If you cancel within 72 hours prior to departure date and time, for any reason, you will not receive a refund. You may reschedule your trip within 72 hours, but at least 1 hour prior to departure time, subject to availability. Rescheduled reservations are non-refundable.
- 2 DAY Cancellation Policy (NON-discounted reservations): If your group or any person in your group cancels their trip up to 10 days prior to departure date and time, you will receive a full refund. No cancellation fees. If you cancel within 10 days prior to departure date and time, for any reason, you will not receive a refund.
- Cancellation Policy (DISCOUNTED reservations): If your reservation has a discount applied and you wish to cancel, you will not receive a refund. You may reschedule or receive a trip credit (digital gift card code).
- Cancellation Coverage Option (2 DAY TRIP ONLY): At the time of confirmation, you can purchase cancellation coverage for $50/person. Coverage allows you to cancel up to 72 hours prior to departure and receive a full refund. Cancellation coverage is non-refundable, non-transferable and does not cover no-shows.
- Late Arrival Policy: It is your responsibility arrive for your trip on time – typically 30-60 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time. We will not wait for late arrivals. Please take into account travel time, weather, road construction, etc.
- Water Policy: Wilderness Aware reserves the right to move your group to a more appropriate section of river due to extreme high or low water conditions. We will give you as much notice as possible of conditions that may affect your scheduled trip. Note that if an alternate section of river is available to your group no refunds or credits are given.
- Weather Policy: Wilderness Aware trips run rain or shine. We will not cancel or cut short trips due to rain and/or thunderstorm conditions (including lighting).
- Drugs and Alcohol: Drugs or alcohol are not to be consumed before or during the trip. This includes recreational marijuana. No refund will be given to those drinking alcohol or using drugs prior to the trip.
- Pregnancy: We do allow guests that are pregnant to participate in rafting.
Each person rafting will be required to sign a liability release form prior to trip departure. Each youth under the age of 18 years old will need a parent or guardian to co-sign their liability. Please click here to download and print our release.
Will I receive a safety orientation prior to my trip?
Prior to boarding your raft, your guide will cover a detailed safety orientation with everyone. Colorado Rivers Outfitters Association (CROA) created a comprehensive video that covers the same information in your safety orientation. Feel free to check out this video before your rafting adventure begins.
Is it appropriate to tip my guide?
Tipping is appropriate, particularly if you have received exceptional customer service. If you believe that a tip is appropriate we recommend an average tip of 10%-20% of your trip cost. You will have the opportunity to tip your guide directly at the conclusion of your trip. We always appreciate hearing from you so that we can recognize extraordinary customer service and we also appreciate hearing from you if you feel that there are areas that we can improve upon. We strive to exceed your expectations!
What happens if I arrive late for my trip?
To provide our guests with the best possible customer service, we launch our trips on time. We cannot wait for late guests. You must arrive for your trip 1 hour prior to your departure time in order to get through our check in process and prepare for your trip. Please plan your time accordingly – allow enough travel time and include unexpected stops for road construction.
I cannot swim. Can I still go rafting?
Many of our participants cannot swim. We provide U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices designed to float you face-up in whitewater. Personal flotation devices are required to be worn at all times.
Should I bring a water bottle on my raft trip?
We do not carry drinking water on your raft and recommend you bring your own bottle. You can refill at lunch from our cooler. Water bottles can sit on the floor of the raft.
What kind of camping conditions should I expect?
All campsites are primitive-no plumbing or electricity. We provide a portable chemical toilet for use in camp. You may wash in the river.
What type of meals will I have during my trip?
We provide fresh hearty meals starting with lunch on the first day through lunch on the last day. Special diets can be accommodated upon request. Remember we provide only lemonade and water. If you would like to bring your own drinks in metal or plastic containers, please feel free. We will provide a place to carry them.
Can I fish on this trip?
Feel free to bring your fishing gear. You may fish from the shore at camp only as we do not allow fishing from the raft. You will need a valid Colorado AND Wyoming fishing license, available at most hardware stores.
What do I do with any trash I may have?
Please keep in mind that on our trip we will carry out all of our trash and whatever other trash we may find as we travel down the river. We appreciate your assistance in keeping the river clean and beautiful.
I am worried about the altitude. Will I be ok to raft?
You will be rafting at 7800 feet above sea level. Most people don’t have serious problems here, but shortness of breath and dehydration are possible. Come a day or two early to acclimatize yourself if you can. We recommend that you drink plenty of water during your stay.