White Water Rafting Steamboat Springs
Northgate Canyon 2 Day Trip
2 Day Rafting Trip!
- 9:00 AM Departure
- Late May and June, water permitting
- 36 miles on the river
- Beginner/Intermediate, Class II-IV rapids
- Ages 10 years and up*
- Meals included, from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 2
- Experienced guide on each raft
- Located near Walden, CO – between Steamboat Springs and Fort Collins
- Ask Us a Question!
- North Platte River Maps
White Water Rafting Steamboat Springs – 2 Day Northgate Trips
If you’re looking for white water rafting Steamboat Springs, our 2 Day trip starts at the same location as the full day trip (about 1 hour from Steamboat) but continues another 21 miles beyond the 6-mile Gap full day takeout point. The rest of the first day we travel through the thickly forested Northgate Wilderness area. The lower canyon is fast-paced with lots of moderate white water rapids.
For those interested, we have inflatable kayaks available. These kayaks are very stable and suitable for first-timers. You are free to explore the river with the option of climbing back into a raft at any point. We find these one and two-man boats are great for adventure seekers and those looking to share an adventure with a loved one.
On the second day of your North Platte River rafting trip, we emerge from the wilderness into very remote Wyoming ranch country. Ranchers in this area are running cattle and putting up hay much as they have done for generations. It is fun to picture yourself in their place as we pass newborn calves and their mothers and stacks of hay being put up for winter.
We also pass the A Bar A Ranch, an exclusive guest ranch along the river. Their manicured fishing access, corrals, helicopter pad, barns, and lodging dot a section of the canyon we pass through. They are miles from the nearest road and the solitude of this quiet retreat is yours to enjoy for a fraction of the price of staying there!
We take out at the Forest Service’s Bennett Peak Campground and transport you through scenic hill and ranch country back to your vehicle.
- *Youth must be age 10 or older and weigh at least 60 lbs. Minimum age and weight are subject to increase due to high water.
- Group rates are available. Click here for details.
- Please arrive at least 1 hour prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat, overnight bag, portable chemical toilet, transportation to and from the river and all meals from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 2. The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, cold weather rentals, camping rentals or guide tip.
- Please visit our packing list page for a complete list of what to bring, where to meet and more!
Lydia filled us with confidence. She was skilled and knowledgeable and explained each set of rapids so we knew what to expect. She was great company and we had the best experience. She was brilliant.
I cannot wait to come back! Also loved how funny all the guides were. It was the most I’ve seen my sister laugh in a long time! Thank you so much for this amazing experience.
I spent several days researching various rafting options and after speaking w/your team was sold. We were not disappointed-the trip is spectacular and our guide Sean was informative, lively professional and entertaining.