Ponderosa & Slick Rock 6 Day Trip
6 Day Rafting Trip!
- 9:00 AM Departure
- May and Early June, water permitting
- 100 miles on the river
- Beginner/Intermediate Class II-IV rapids
- Ages 10 years and up*
- Meals included, from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 6
- Experienced guide on each raft
- Located near Cortez, CO – near Durango and four corners region
- Ask Us a Question!
- Dolores River Maps
About the Dolores River 6 Day Ponderosa & Slick Rock Trip
Can’t decide between the 3 Day Ponderosa Gorge and the 3 Day Slick Rock Canyon? Looking for a longer trip? Combine the towering Ponderosa pine and Douglas fir dotted desert landscape, Anasazi ruins, and gripping rapids of Ponderosa Gorge with the breathtaking views of Big Gypsum Valley and towering sandstone walls of the Dolores River Canyon Wilderness Study Area in Slick Rock Canyon.
From the shady campsites of Ponderosa Gorge to the sunny beaches of Slick Rock Canyon, this is one of the most diverse rafting trips in the southwest.
If you are looking for an extended scenic wilderness trip, far from the crowds, this trip is for you!
This trip has a strict maximum of 12 people per trip.
- *Youth must be age 10 or older and weigh at least 60 lbs. Minimum age and weight are subject to increase due to high water.
- Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more.
- Please arrive at least 1 hour prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat, overnight bag, portable chemical toilet, transportation to and from the river and all meals from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 6. The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, cold weather rentals, camping rentals or guide tip.
- Please visit our packing list page for a complete list of what to bring, where to meet and more!
Lydia filled us with confidence. She was skilled and knowledgeable and explained each set of rapids so we knew what to expect. She was great company and we had the best experience. She was brilliant.
I cannot wait to come back! Also loved how funny all the guides were. It was the most I’ve seen my sister laugh in a long time! Thank you so much for this amazing experience.
I spent several days researching various rafting options and after speaking w/your team was sold. We were not disappointed-the trip is spectacular and our guide Sean was informative, lively professional and entertaining.