Dolores River 10-Day Utah Rafting in Gateway Canyon
Ten Days of Extreme Rafting Adventure!
- 9:00 AM Departure
- May and Early June, water permitting
- 168 miles on the river
- Beginner/Intermediate Class II-IV rapids
- Ages 10 years and up*
- Meals included, from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 10
- Experienced guide one each raft
- Located near Cortez, CO – near Durango and four corners region
- Ask Us a Question!
About the Dolores River 10 Day Gateway Canyon Trip
Emerging from Slickrock Canyon the river enters Paradox Valley, an interesting geologic phenomenon where the river cuts across the valley rather than through the middle of it! This valley was extensively occupied by Pueblo Indian culture and was also famous in western history as a route through which rustlers traversed to sell stolen stock in the mining camps. In the spring, nesting waterfowl abound in the natural but unprotected refuge.
From here the river cuts through Paradox and Mesa Canyons where one can view remnants of an almost unbelievable “hanging flume”. Near the town of Gateway the river plunges into Gateway Canyon where some of the most difficult rapids of the entire river are encountered. Some 30 miles below Gateway, Colorado, the Dolores River unites with the Colorado River.
You can combine Ponderosa Gorge, Slickrock, and Gateway Canyons to create one of the longest raft trips in the West. Day after day you will share the river with mergansers and great blue herons, exploring the desert from a unique vantage point. Exciting whitewater, fascinating geology, Indian ruins, interesting side creeks, and stunning sunsets will fill your days on this adventure of a lifetime. This trip is great for people that can’t afford the time or expense of a Grand Canyon of the Colorado raft trip, or people just looking to truly escape the pressures of modern life.
This trip meets in Cortez, CO. Click Here for a map and directions.
- *Youth price is valid for those 10-16 years old. Youth must weigh at least 60 lbs. Minimum age and weight are subject to increase due to high water.
- Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more.
- Please arrive at least 1 hour prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat, overnight bag, portable chemical toilet, transportation to and from the river and all meals from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 10. The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, cold weather rentals, camping rentals or guide tip.
Lydia filled us with confidence. She was skilled and knowledgeable and explained each set of rapids so we knew what to expect. She was great company and we had the best experience. She was brilliant.
I cannot wait to come back! Also loved how funny all the guides were. It was the most I’ve seen my sister laugh in a long time! Thank you so much for this amazing experience.
I spent several days researching various rafting options and after speaking w/your team was sold. We were not disappointed-the trip is spectacular and our guide Sean was informative, lively professional and entertaining.