America’s white water rafting river
Search Our Trips:
pine creek overview
Extremely steep and technical, this section of the Arkansas River will challenge the most experienced boater. Continuous rapids with big drops and powerful hydraulics make this stretch an intensely epic adventure.
Recommended For: Kayakers and rafters with a lot of previous rafting experience who are in exceptional physical condition.
Recommended White Water Rafting Trips on Pine Creek – Arkansas River:
Pine Creek & The Numbers Full Day
Pine Creek, Numbers
1.800.831.1414 ~ timberlinetours.com
pine creek sections
Arkansas River – Pine Creek White Water Rafting Details:
Difficulty: Class IV-V+
Elevation: 8931′ to 8625′
Average Gradient: 58.8′ per mile
Access to Access
Granite to Clear Creek: 2.1 miles
Clear Creek to Numbers: 3.1 miles
Total Mileage: 5.2 miles
Notes: Pine Creek is typically under a high water advisory from late-May through late-June due to run-off and all commercial outfitters refrain from rafting this section at that time. Be watchful of the ledge hole at the bottom of the S-Turn.
What people are saying
Lydia filled us with confidence. She was skilled and knowledgeable and explained each set of rapids so we knew what to expect. She was great company and we had the best experience. She was brilliant.
I cannot wait to come back! Also loved how funny all the guides were. It was the most I’ve seen my sister laugh in a long time! Thank you so much for this amazing experience.
I spent several days researching various rafting options and after speaking w/your team was sold. We were not disappointed-the trip is spectacular and our guide Sean was informative, lively professional and entertaining.
Information for Arkansas River Self-Guided Boaters:
The Arkansas River is in the Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area (AHRA) and is managed by Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
- Boating Permit Required: NO
- Permit Details: On the off chance you do not use a developed AHRA Recreation Site, no fee of any kind is required to float the river.
Arkansas River – Pine Creek Access Details:
- Sites: Granite, Clear Creek and Numbers Recreation Sites
- Instructions: Follow signage at recreation sites.
- Fee: Annual or daily permits are required to use these sites. Those without passes will be ticketed.
- Where to Buy: Annual Permits can be purchased through AHRA in Salida or Colorado Parks and Wildlife Offices in Denver, but most people use the self-serve daily pay stations at AHRA managed access points.
- Contact: Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area (AHRA)
307 W Sackett Street, Salida, CO 81201
719-539-7289 ~ www.parks.state.co.us/parks/arkansasheadwaters/
We do not have information on any entity that offers shuttles on this section. We recommend traveling with at least two vehicles in order to run your own shuttle.