Beginner & Family Whitewater Rafting Colorado
Lower Browns Canyon Half-Day Trip
Lower Browns Canyon
Colorado Family Whitewater Rafting For Ages 4+
Are you looking for a beginner or family whitewater rafting colorado trip? Our Lower Browns Canyon trip begins downstream of the big rapids of our normal Browns Canyon Half Day Trip. This makes it perfect for children as young as four, grandparents and beginners to the sport of rafting!
The river is fast-moving here with just enough whitewater to keep the whole family entertained, making it one of the best family rafting trips in Colorado. There are stunning views of the snow-capped 14,000 foot Collegiate Peaks to the west and up-close views of the drier and lower peaks to the east. Huge cottonwood trees line the river and irrigated green pastures make a beautiful foreground view of the alpine scenery. Our goal is to create excitement for the sport of white water rafting without the bigger rapids possibly scaring the less experienced members of the family.
Take a short drive from Denver or Breckenridge for some of the best beginner and family whitewater rafting Colorado has to offer!
- *Youth must be age 4 or older and weigh at least 30 lbs. Minimum age and weight are subject to increase due to high water, typically late-May through June.
- Group rates are available. Click here for details.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat, transportation to and from the river, and free use of our shaded dog kennel. The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, cold weather rentals or guide tip.
- Please visit our packing list page for a complete list of what to bring, where to meet and more!
Lydia filled us with confidence. She was skilled and knowledgeable and explained each set of rapids so we knew what to expect. She was great company and we had the best experience. She was brilliant.
I cannot wait to come back! Also loved how funny all the guides were. It was the most I’ve seen my sister laugh in a long time! Thank you so much for this amazing experience.
I spent several days researching various rafting options and after speaking w/your team was sold. We were not disappointed-the trip is spectacular and our guide Sean was informative, lively professional and entertaining.