Arkansas River 5 Day Trip
5 Day Rafting Trip!
- 9:00 AM Departure
- May 15 to August 15
- 90 miles on the river
- Beginner/Intermediate Class III-IV rapids
- Ages 8 years and up*, with the exception of the last half of day 5, where the minimum age through the Royal Gorge is 14
- Meals included, from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 5
- Experienced guide on each raft
- Centrally located in Buena Vista, Colorado
- Ask Us a Question!
- Arkansas River Maps
About the 5 Day Arkansas River Trip
If you are looking for a trip that combines all of the Arkansas River’s best white water sections into a great multi-day white water rafting adventure tour, this may be the one for you. Wilderness Aware is the only company in Colorado offering this length of rafting tour on the Arkansas River. Day one begins in the Narrows, we continue through Browns Canyon on day two. Day three passes through Upper Bighorn Sheep Canyon and day four passes through Lower Bighorn Sheep Canyon. Depending on the interest and experience level of those on this adventure, we can finish the trip around mid-day of day five, or finish on a rollicking white water note in the Royal Gorge (ages 14+ only in the Royal Gorge section).
This our favorite multi-day rafting adventure tour on the Arkansas River and the longest rafting tour available in Colorado during mid to late summer. We like this white water rafting tour because the group can really get to know each other and develop a sense of community during the course of the week. This river tour is perfect for those with a week off and looking to really get to know this popular Colorado River.
For those interested in guiding their own boat and keeping their adrenaline up, we have the option of using inflatable kayaks on parts of the second through fourth days. Inflatable kayaks are long skinny rafts that are more stable than hard-shelled kayaks, but maneuvered with the same kind of two bladed paddle that is used in a hard shell kayak. These little boats are perfect for those looking for some extra excitement on their vacation.
- *Youth must be age 8 or older and weigh at least 50 lbs. Minimum age and weight are subject to increase due to high water. Youth must be age 14+ to raft the Royal Gorge on Day 5.
- Group rates are available. Click here for details.
- Please arrive at least 1 hour prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat, overnight bag, portable chemical toilet, transportation to and from the river, and all meals from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 5. The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, cold weather rentals, camping rentals or guide tip.
- Please visit our packing list page for a complete list of what to bring, where to meet and more!
Lydia filled us with confidence. She was skilled and knowledgeable and explained each set of rapids so we knew what to expect. She was great company and we had the best experience. She was brilliant.
I cannot wait to come back! Also loved how funny all the guides were. It was the most I’ve seen my sister laugh in a long time! Thank you so much for this amazing experience.
I spent several days researching various rafting options and after speaking w/your team was sold. We were not disappointed-the trip is spectacular and our guide Sean was informative, lively professional and entertaining.