WHITE WATER RAFTING OFFICE STAFF APPLICATION
Our whitewater rafting office in Buena Vista requires seasonal staff during the summer months of May – Labor Day.
Staff needed in 2021: We are looking for full-time office staff, with a flexible range of start dates (as early as April 1st, as late as June 1st). Starting pay in 2021 is $17.00/hour + $1/hour bonus upon successful completion of your contact in August/September.
JOB SUMMARY: Serves as a professional customer service and public relations representative, cashier and secretary, both on the phone and at the front desk. Uses advanced sales skills that convert leads into confirmed bookings. Is a member of a growing company, and therefore open to change with an emphasis on quality service and teamwork.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs all duties described in detail in the Office Staff Manual. Examples of duties are as follows:
Works on computer:
- Learns and uses the reservation program competently
- Responds to email inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
Day to day operations:
- Retrieves and answers email and phone messages.
- Enters liability releases into the computer.
- Manage alerts, prospects, abandoned reservations, and will advise reservations.
- Keep retail well stocked and tidy throughout the day. Restock as necessary and keep inventory up to date.
- Actively sells retail items and photos
- Daily cleaning duties
- Sell and promote portfolio of trips and experiences. Must be outgoing and constantly striving to make the guest experience memorable & pleasant.
- Welcome guests to our facility, provide pre-trip process briefing and answer questions. Answers phone to sell trips, and complete reservations.
- Is a team player maintaining a good sense of humor, is cooperative, enthusiastic and flexible interacting with guests and co-workers.
- Must work well under pressure while working long hours during rush periods.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Evaluated on thoroughness in performing duties, pleasant and helpful attitude, punctuality, dependability, ability as a team player, initiative, mature judgment, relationships with guests and co-workers, flexibility, willingness to learn, enthusiasm, computer skills.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Operations Manager.
SCHEDULE: 30-40 hours/week average. Variable schedule with variable days off. 2-3 days off per week minimum, not necessarily consecutive. Start and finish times for workday may vary. Office hours are from 7:00am to 8 or 9pm daily during the rafting season. Off-season hours 8am – 5pm.
PAY AND BENEFITS: Current year pay (see below) + $1/hour bonus paid at successful completion of contract period. Higher pay available for previous relevant experience. Free rafting for you and accompanying friend or family.
TOBACCO-FREE POLICY: Wilderness Aware is a tobacco free company. Smoking is not permitted on Wilderness Aware property, in any Wilderness Aware vehicle or in the presence of guests. The use of chewing tobacco is also prohibited.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE POLICY: Wilderness Aware has adopted a zero tolerance, drug free workplace policy. As a condition of employment, every employee agrees to abide by the terms of the policy.