WHITE WATER RAFTING OFFICE STAFF APPLICATION
Our whitewater rafting office in Buena Vista requires seasonal staff during the summer months of May – Labor Day.
Staff needed in 2022: We are looking for full-time office staff, with a flexible range of start dates (as early as April 1st, as late as June 1st). 10 hr shifts available for a 4-day work week, and a regular 5-day work week as well.
Starting pay in 2022 is $15.00/hour + $1/hour bonus opportunity for staff that exceed expectations, and upon successful completion of the contract in August/September.
If you have a resume with work experience included, please email to [email protected], and you can skip the sections on this form regarding Job History.
JOB SUMMARY: Serves as a professional customer service and public relations representative, cashier and secretary, both on the phone and at the front desk. Uses advanced sales skills that convert leads into confirmed bookings. Is a member of a growing company, and therefore open to change with an emphasis on quality service and teamwork.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs all duties described in detail in the Office Staff Manual. Examples of duties are as follows:
- Learns and uses the reservation program competently
- Develop and maintain knowledge base of the various products and services.
- Welcome guests to our facility, provide pre-trip process briefing and answer questions.
- Actively sell retail items and photos.
- Retrieves and answers email and phone messages, respond to inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Keep retail well stocked and tidy throughout the day. Restock as necessary and keep inventory up to date.
- Manage alerts, prospects, abandoned reservations, and will advise reservations.
- Enter liability releases into computer.
- Daily cleaning duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, or other related fields preferred, but not required.
- Dependable, punctual, has mature judgement, and takes initiative.
- Competent working with computer and basic programs.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Ability to build rapport with clients. Must be outgoing and constantly striving to make the guest experience memorable & pleasant.
- Prioritize and multitask, as well as maintain focus in a busy work environment.
- Positive and professional demeanor, cooperative, enthusiastic, and flexible interacting with guests and co-workers.
- Team player that maintains a good sense of humor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Evaluated on thoroughness in performing duties, pleasant and helpful attitude, punctuality, dependability, ability as a team player, initiative, mature judgment, relationships with guests and co-workers, flexibility, willingness to learn, enthusiasm, computer skills.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Office Manager.
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week average. There are 10 hr. shifts available for a 4-day work week, and a regular 5-day work week available as well. Office hours are from 7am – 7pm daily during the rafting season. We are looking for full-time office staff, with a flexible range of start dates (as early as April 1st, as late as June 1st). End date can range from mid-August to early September, depending on your availability.
PAY: Current year pay $15/hr. Office staff that exceed expectations during their seasonal employment are eligible for an end of the season bonus equivalent to a minimum of $1 for each hour worked during the season. This includes meeting availability requirements and successfully completing their contract.
BENEFITS: Free rafting for you and accompanying friend or family.
TOBACCO-FREE POLICY: Wilderness Aware is a tobacco free company. Smoking is not permitted on Wilderness Aware property, in any Wilderness Aware vehicle or in the presence of guests. The use of chewing tobacco is also prohibited.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE POLICY: Wilderness Aware has adopted a zero tolerance, drug free workplace policy. As a condition of employment, every employee agrees to abide by the terms of the policy.