Know Before You Go!
trip: 2 Hour Zip Line Tour
Departure Times, Meeting Location and Directions
Please reference your confirmation letter for your trip name and departure time.
Please arrive 15-20 minutes before your trip departure time.
Physical Address: 6492 Highway 91, Leadville, CO 80461*
Our partner, Top of the Rockies Zip Line, is located 6 miles north of Leadville on Hwy 91, and 15 miles south of the I-70 exit at Copper Mountain. Look for the signs and flags marking the turn to Base Camp between green mile markers 6 & 7 on the east side of the highway.
*Please note that many times mapping and gps systems will try to take you to the wrong location. PLEASE follow the links WE provided on this page and in your confirmation emails to find our location.
What to Bring
- Long pants
- Boots or tennis shoes (close-toed)
- Hat (optional: you may wear it under your helmet)
- Drinking water
- Small backpack for camera and water
- Cash for tipping your guide
- Two or three guides per group
- All zip line equipment
- Each person zip lining will be required to sign a liability release form prior to trip departure. Each youth under the age of 18 years old will need a parent or guardian to co-sign their liability. Please be prepared to complete your liability release upon check-in.
- Cancellation Policy: If your group or any person in your group cancels their trip up to 72 hours prior to departure date and time, you will receive a full refund. No cancellation fees. If you cancel within 72 hours prior to departure date and time, for any reason, you will not receive a refund.
- Late Arrival Policy: It is your responsibility arrive for your trip on time – typically 30-45 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time. We will not wait for late arrivals. Please take into account travel time, weather, road construction, etc.
- Weather Policy: Trips run rain or shine. We will not cancel or cut short trips due to rain and/or minor thunderstorm conditions.
- Drugs and Alcohol: Drugs or alcohol are not to be consumed before or during the trip. This includes recreational marijuana. No refund will be given to those drinking alcohol or using drugs prior to the trip.
- Pregnancy: We do allow guests that are pregnant to participate in zip lining.
|Month||Average Low||Average High||Average Rain|
- Who hosts my zip line trip? Zip line tours are hosted by Top of the Rockies Zip Line.
- Will I receive a safety orientation prior to my trip? Prior to your tour you will receive an orientation on zipping and other issues specific to your trip.
- Is it appropriate to tip my guide? Tipping is appropriate, particularly if you have received exceptional customer service. We always appreciate hearing from you so that we can recognize extraordinary customer service and we also appreciate hearing from you if you feel that there are areas that we can improve upon. We strive to exceed your expectations!
- Is there a weight limit to go zip lining? We have a weight limit of 60-260 lbs. If you fall outside of these restrictions, please let us know.
- What should I wear on my zip line trip? At high altitudes the weather can change quickly, be prepared for cooler temperatures and the occasional rain/snow shower. We suggest you bring light layers to keep you warm. Long pants and closed toed shoes are recommended as they are more appropriate for walking on the trails between zips.
- What happens if I arrive late for my trip? Tours leave at the scheduled time. Late arrivals may have tours shortened or cancelled and refunds will not be given.
- Can I bring anything along with me on the zip line trip? Bring along a small backpack to carry your small personal items. We suggest you travel light.
- Should I bring a water bottle on my zip line tour ride? You may want to bring your own water bottle for drinking water.
- I am worried about the altitude. Will I be ok to raft? You will be zipping at 10,000-11,500 feet above sea level. Most people don’t have serious problems here, but shortness of breath and dehydration are possible. Come a day or two early to acclimatize yourself if you can. We recommend that you drink plenty of water during your stay.