Featured Recipe: Crispy Hot Wing Chickpea Crunchies
On the hunt for a satisfying salty snack to nibble on in between meals? These tasty crunchy bites are one of my favorites! Packed with protein and extremely easy to prepare these chickpeas will soon become a staple. I eat them straight out of the bag, sprinkled on my salads instead of croutons, or toss a few in my soup for a nice crunchy contrast.
• 3 (14 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed well and drained
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1½ teaspoons sea salt
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 1½ tablespoons onion powder
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 2 teaspoons oregano
• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 teaspoon cumin
1. Preheat oven to 400˚.
2. Gently pat chickpeas dry using a towel. Some of the skins will shed, but there’s no need to worry – you won’t miss them!
3. Using a large bowl stir together the olive oil and spices.
4. Pour in the chickpeas and toss them in the bowl so they are evenly covered.
5. Transfers chickpeas onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, checking and stirring chickpeas every 10 minutes until they are golden and crunchy.
6. Once they are done, let them cool completely before storing in an airtight container. They can be stored up to two weeks.