WILDERNESS AWARE’S WHITE WATER GUIDES & MANAGERS
We Are Proud to Deliver the Best Whitewater Rafting Trips in the World!
Wilderness Aware takes a tremendous amount of pride in the unique individuals we hire to become part of our company. Here is a look at the people that make up our white water rafting family.
Meet Our Owners and Managers:
- Brian Ellis – Owner – Brian purchased Wilderness Aware Rafting at the beginning of 2020. Brian worked for Wilderness Aware as a guide, head boatman and Salt River Manager between 1998 and 2005.
- Jody Werner – Information Systems – Jody began working for Wilderness Aware in 1986. Since then she has worked as a shuttle driver, Office Manager and finally as the Information Systems Manager. Jody moved to Buena Vista in 1978, is married to husband Pete, has two sons RJ and Nathan, and two grandbabies Michael and Bailey.
- Lillian Simpson – Digital Marketing – Lillian started working for Wilderness Aware in 2001. She worked in the office before moving into the Office Manger position in 2006, and into the Digital Marketing and Design position in 2010. Lillian graduated from Fort Lewis College in 2005 with a degree in art and education. She and husband Craig have one son, Chase.
- Rebecca Blitstein – Office Manager – Bec started with Wilderness Aware in the summer of 2015, working as an office reservationist for a couple of summers, before returning and moving into the Office Manager position in 2020. Bec is a Buena Vista native.
- Sarah Evans – Operations Manager – Sarah came to Wilderness Aware as a guide in the summer of 2012 and moved up to the head boatwoman position in 2016 and into the Operations Manager position in 2019. Sarah married fellow guide and longtime friend, Brandon, in the summer of 2016 and spends her off-season as a teacher.
- Tony Brockmeyer – Head Boatman – Tony started at Wilderness Aware in the summer of 2008. He has guided on all of the rivers we raft including multiple seasons on the Salt River in Arizona. He started as the Head Boatman in the summer of 2019 and calls Buena Vista home year-round.