WILDERNESS AWARE’S WHITE WATER GUIDES & MANAGERS
We Are Proud to Deliver the Best Whitewater Rafting Trips in the World!
Wilderness Aware takes a tremendous amount of pride in the unique individuals we hire to become part of our company. Here is a look at the people that make up our white water rafting family.
Meet Our Owners and Managers:
- The Greiner Family – Owners – Joe and Sue Greiner purchased Wilderness Aware in 1985. Joe and Sue have two sons, Benjamin and Ethan, who have both become river guides with the company, in addition to pursuing engineering degrees. The family has rafted around the country and the world.
- Joe Greiner – Owner – Got his start in the outdoors in Boy Scouts and is an Eagle Scout. His degree is in Environmental Interpretation.
- Sue Greiner – Owner – Her dual degrees in Wildlife Biology and Sustainability have given her an understanding of biologic processes and business sustainability that has made Wilderness Aware an environmental leader.
- Jody Werner – Information Systems – Jody began working for Wilderness Aware in 1986. Since then she has worked as a shuttle driver, Office Manager and finally as the Information Systems Manager. Jody moved to Buena Vista in 1978, is married to husband Pete, has two sons RJ and Nathan, and two grandbabies Michael and Bailey.
- Lillian Simpson – Digital Marketing – Lillian started working for Wilderness Aware in 2001. She worked in the office before moving into the Office Manger position in 2006, and into the Digital Marketing and Design position in 2010. Lillian graduated from Fort Lewis College in 2005 with a degree in art and education. She and husband Craig have one son, Chase.
- Haley Connors – Office Manager – Haley started with Wilderness Aware in the summer of 2017, working as an office reservationist before moving into the Assistant Office Manager position in 2018 and up to the Office Manager position in 2019. Haley is from Washington state.
- Nina Elsperman – Assistant Office Manager – Nina began work at Wilderness Aware in the summer of 2015 as a member of the office staff. After taking a summer off to travel, Nina returned to the office as the Assistant Office Manager in 2019. Nina is originally from Missouri, coming to Colorado to study at CU Boulder before graduating in 2018.
- Sarah Evans – Operations Manager – Sarah came to Wilderness Aware as a guide in the summer of 2012 and moved up to the head boatwoman position in 2016 and into the Operations Manager position in 2019. Sarah married fellow guide and longtime friend, Brandon, in the summer of 2016 and spends her off-season as a teacher.
- Tony Brockmeyer – Head Boatman – Tony started at Wilderness Aware in the summer of 2008. He has guided on all of the rivers we raft including multiple seasons on the Salt River in Arizona. He started as the Head Boatman in the summer of 2019 and calls Buena Vista home year-round.