WILDERNESS AWARE’S WHITE WATER GUIDES & MANAGERS
We Are Proud to Deliver the Best Whitewater Rafting Trips in the World!
Wilderness Aware takes a tremendous amount of pride in the unique individuals we hire to become part of our company. Here is a look at the people that make up our white water rafting family.
Meet Our Owners and Managers:
- The Greiner Family – Owners – Joe and Sue Greiner purchased Wilderness Aware in 1985. Joe and Sue have two sons, Benjamin and Ethan, who have both become river guides with the company, in addition to pursuing engineering degrees. The family has rafted around the country and the world.
- Joe Greiner – Owner – Got his start in the outdoors in Boy Scouts and is an Eagle Scout. His degree is in Environmental Interpretation.
- Sue Greiner – Owner – Her dual degrees in Wildlife Biology and Sustainability have given her an understanding of biologic processes and business sustainability that has made Wilderness Aware an environmental leader.
- Jody Werner – Information Systems – Jody began working for Wilderness Aware in 1986. Since then she has worked as a shuttle driver, Office Manager and finally as the Information Systems Manager. Jody moved to Buena Vista in 1978, is married to husband Pete, has two sons RJ and Nathan, and two grandbabies Michael and Bailey.
- Lillian Simpson – Digital Marketing – Lillian started working for Wilderness Aware in 2001. She worked in the office before moving into the Office Manger position in 2006, and into the Digital Marketing and Design position in 2010. Lillian graduated from Fort Lewis College in 2005 with a degree in art and education. She and husband Craig have one son, Chase.
- Haley Connors – Office Manager – Haley started with Wilderness Aware in the summer of 2017, working as an office reservationist before moving into the Assistant Office Manager position in 2018 and up to the Office Manager position in 2019. Haley is from Washington state.
- Mike Rogers – Operations Manager and Salt River Manager – Mike came to work for Wilderness Aware in 2009. Since then he has worked as a guide on the Salt River during spring and on our rivers in Colorado during the summer. He moved into the Salt River Manager position in the spring 2015, and then as Operations Manager in the summer of 2015.
- Sarah Evans – Head Boatwoman – Sarah came to Wilderness Aware as a guide in the summer of 2012 and moved up to the head boatwoman position in 2016. Sarah married fellow guide and longtime friend, Brandon, in the summer of 2016 and spends her off-season as a teacher.