Arkansas River 3 Day Trip
3 Day Rafting Trip!
About the 3 Day Arkansas River Trip
Combine three of the Arkansas River’s best white water sections into a great 3 Day white water rafting and camping vacation where you can experience the fun of self-contained overnight camping by the river for two nights. Three day rafting vacations continue downstream past the 2 Day trips ending point.
The first two days include both the Narrows and Browns Canyon sections. A third day of rafting on the Arkansas River offers you the opportunity to sit back after exiting Browns Canyon to enjoy the spectacular valley views of the lower Collegiate Peaks Range. Late in the morning of the third day, we enter the steep and rocky Upper Bighorn Sheep Canyon section where we occasionally catch glimpses of the sheer and jagged Sangre de Cristo Mountains. The third day is a bit milder than the first two days and a welcome break from the intensity of the first two days.
On the first night of your vacation, we camp on federal land where a short stroll to a high point above camp yields breathtaking views of the 14,000 foot Collegiate Peaks. Our camp for the second night is located on a lush green bench above the river, on a private ranch leased to Wilderness Aware.
For those interested in guiding their own boat and keeping their adrenaline up, we have the option of using inflatable kayaks late on day two and on day three. Inflatable kayaks are long skinny rafts that are more stable than hard-shelled kayaks, but maneuvered with the same kind of two bladed paddle that is used in a hard shell kayak. These little boats are perfect for those looking for some extra excitement on their vacation.
Take a short drive from Vail, Breckenridge, Denver, or Colorado Springs for this incredible Arkansas River rafting trip.
- *Youth must be age 8 or older and weigh at least 50 lbs. Minimum age and weight are subject to increase due to high water.
- Group rates are available. Click here for details.
- Please arrive at least 1 hour prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat, overnight bag, portable chemical toilet, transportation to and from the river, and all meals from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 3. The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, cold weather rentals, camping rentals or guide tip.
- Please visit our packing list page for a complete list of what to bring, where to meet and more!
Lydia filled us with confidence. She was skilled and knowledgeable and explained each set of rapids so we knew what to expect. She was great company and we had the best experience. She was brilliant.
I cannot wait to come back! Also loved how funny all the guides were. It was the most I’ve seen my sister laugh in a long time! Thank you so much for this amazing experience.
I spent several days researching various rafting options and after speaking w/your team was sold. We were not disappointed-the trip is spectacular and our guide Sean was informative, lively professional and entertaining.