the arkansas river
Places to Stay Near the Arkansas River
Lodging, Cabins and Motels
Bed and Breakfasts
A very popular option for lodging in the Buena Vista and Salida area are the many great and unique bed and breakfasts. We work closely with all of the following locations on our Inn to Inn – a wonderful multi-day trip option that combines fantastic rafting, comfortable lodging and dinner at local restaurants.
Liar’s Lodge Bed and Breakfast, Buena Vista, CO – Located on the Arkansas River, Liar’s Lodge offers spacious, comfortable rooms as well as a detached family cabin. Perfect for a romantic weekend or a family getaway. Just a couple mintues outside of Buena Vista – Liar’s Lodge feel like an escape, yet it is close any activity the area has to offer.
Mountain River Inn Bed and Breakfast, Buena Vista, CO – Located just a few minutes outside of Buena Vista, Mountain River Inn sits just a few steps from the Arkansas River. Three comfortable and inviting rooms.
Buffalo Peaks Bed and Breakfast, Buena Vista, CO – Buffalo Peaks Bed and Breakfast is the perfect lodging for your Wilderness Aware River Rafting adventure and we are centrally located one mile from downtown Buena Vista.
Tudor Rose Bed and Breakfast and Chalets, Salida, CO – Surrounded by pinon trees and sweeping mountain views, Tudor Rose offer comfortable rooms in the main house as well as large family cabins.
Arrowhead Point Campground and RV Park, Buena Vista, Colorado – 15 mintues north of Buena Vista, Colorado
Chalk Creek Campground & RV Park, Nathrop, Colorado – RV & tent sites plus park model cabins. Experience the very best!
Experience the Arkansas River
steep and technical
big and powerful
Arkansas River Local Information
- Arkansas River Weather
- Colorado Rocky Mountain Resorts
We have the highest quality vacation home rentals. Our vacation homes are located in some of the most desirable vacation rental communities.
- Colorado Road Report
- Friends of Browns Canyon Wilderness
- Catamount Institute – Colorado Springs based camp with multiple outdoor programs.
Recommended Colorado Guest Ranches
- Tumbling River Ranch – Tumbling River is one of the finest guest ranches in the Rockies.
- North Fork Ranch – The May family has been hosting guests since 1985 and enjoys providing personal attention in an elegant atmosphere.
- Elk Mountain Ranch – Colorado’s highest guest ranch at 9,600 feet. Remotely located just outside the small town of Buena Vista. Weekly package includes riding, rafting, shooting sports, overnight pack trip, children’s program, evening activities and more.