Upper Colorado River Rafting – Little Gore Canyon
This gentle stretch of the Colorado River takes you through scenic ranch country and majestic sandstone, shale and Precambrian cliffs. Featuring wildlife, natural hot springs, dinosaur tracks, and a few mild rapids – this is a great float for those that love the gentle flow of the river.
Recommended Trips on Little Gore Canyon – Upper Colorado River:
Upper Colorado River – Little Gore Canyon Whitewater Rafting Details:
Difficulty: Class II-III+ (What does this mean?)
Elevation: 6948′ to 6746′
Average Gradient: 14.4′ per mile
Access to Access
Pumphouse Recreation Site to Radium: 4 miles
Radium to Rancho del Rio: 6 miles
Rancho del Rio to State Bridge: 4 miles
Total Mileage: 14 miles
GPS Coordinates to Little Gore Canyon Access Points – Upper Colorado River:
- Pumphouse Access: 39.9872, -106.5085
- Radium Access: 39.951579,-106.55601
- Rancho del Rio Access: 39.893687,-106.607809
- State Bridge Access: 39.856733,-106.648579
Cities Near the Little Gore Canyon Section:
- Kremmling, Silverthorne & Steamboat Springs
Information for Upper Colorado River Self-Guided Boaters:
The Upper Colorado River (Gore and Little Gore Canyons) are managed by the Bureau of Land Management out of Kremmling, CO.
- Boating Permit Required: NO
- Permit Details: No fee of any kind is required to float the river, but you do need to buy a pass to use the BLM managed and private access sites.
- River Manager: U.S Bureau of Land Management – Kremmling Field Office
2103 E. Park Avenue, Po Box 68, Kremmling, CO 80459
970.724.3000 ~ www.blm.gov/co/st/en/fo/kfo.html
Please contact the river manager (above) for information on shuttles.