Upper Colorado River Rafting – Dotsero
Mostly flat water, with a few mild rapids. Enjoy a short hike to Hanging Lake from the take out.
Recommended Trips on Dotsero – Upper Colorado River:
At this time, we do not have information on outfitters that offer commercial trips on this section.
Upper Colorado River – Dotsero Whitewater Rafting Details:
Difficulty: Class II (What does this mean?)
Elevation: 6129′ to 6109′
Average Gradient: 2.0′ per mile
Access to Access
Dotsero to Burnt Tree Ridge: 3.5 miles
Burnt Tree Ridge to Hanging Lake: 6.5 miles
Total Mileage: 10 miles
GPS Coordinates to Dotsero Access Points – Upper Colorado River:
- Dotsero Access: 39.649369,-107.063313
- Burnt Tree Ridge Access: 39.629515,-107.103642
- Hanging Lake Access: 39.587534,-107.195202
Cities Near the Dotsero Section:
- Dotsero & Glenwood Springs
Information for Upper Colorado River Self-Guided Boaters:
The Upper Colorado River (Lower Gore, Dotsero and South Canyon) are managed by the Bureau of Land Management out of Silt, CO.
- Boating Permit Required: NO
- Permit Details: No fee of any kind is required to float the river, but you do need to buy a pass to use the BLM managed and private access sites.
- River Manager: U.S Bureau of Land Management – Colorado River Valley Field Office
2300 River Frontage Road, Silt, CO 81652
970.876.9000 ~ www.blm.gov/co/st/en/fo/crvfo.html
Please contact the river manager (above) for information on shuttles.