Gunnison River – Gunnison Town Run White Water Rafting Description:
Close to Crested Butte, Almont and Gunnison, the Town Run is short and mild float through beautiful mountain scenery. Sandstone cliffs watch over the river in the distance as you make your way through meadows, a few mild rapids and the Gunnison River Whitewater Park.
Recommended Trips on Gunnison Town Run – Gunnison River:
Half & Full Day
Scenic River Tours
Gunnison River – Gunnison Town Run Whitewater Rafting Details:
Difficulty: Class I-II (What does this mean?)
Elevation: 8005′ to 7572′
Average Gradient: 23.3′ per mile
Access to Access
Almont to North Bridge: 10 miles
North Bridge to Twin Bridges: 5.0 miles
Twin Bridges to McCabe’s Lane: 3.6 miles
Total Mileage: 18.6 miles
GPS Coordinates to Gunnison Town Run Access Points – Gunnison River:
- Almont Access: 38.663581,-106.847904
- North Bridge Access: 38.581109,-106.922261
- Twin Bridges Access: 38.533123,-106.950365
- Mc Cabes Lane Access: 38.518695,-106.995506
Cities Near the Gunnison Town Run Section:
- Almont, Crested Butte & Gunnison
Information for Gunnison River Self-Guided Boaters:
The Gunnison River (Gunnison Town Run) is managed by the Bureau of Land Management out of Gunnison, CO.
- Boating Permit Required: NO
- Permit Details: No fee of any kind is required to float the river, but you do need to buy a pass to use the BLM managed and private access sites.
- River Manager: U.S Bureau of Land Management – Gunnison Field Office
650 South 11th Street, Gunnison, CO 81230
970.642.4940 ~ www.blm.gov/co/st/en/fo/gfo.html
Please contact the river manager (above) for information on shuttles.