Dolores River – Gateway Canyon White Water Rafting Description:
Below Paradox Valley and Mesa Canyon, the Dolores River enters Gateway Canyon and the whitewater picks up again. Boulder-choked Stateline should definitely be scouted. Check out some stunning side-canyon hikes before the river flows into Utah, and joins the Colorado River about thirty miles upstream of the town of Moab.
Recommended Trips on Gateway Canyon – Dolores River:
Dolores River – Gateway Canyon Whitewater Rafting Details:
Difficulty: Class II-III (What does this mean?)
Elevation: 4551′ to 4091′
Average Gradient: 14.3′ per mile
Access to Access
Gateway to Dewey Bridge: 32.0 miles
Total Mileage: 32.0 miles
GPS Coordinates to Gateway Canyon Access Points – Dolores River:
- Gateway Access: 38.680104,-108.98062
- Dewey Bridge Access: 38.810336,-109.307538
Cities Near the Gateway Canyon Section:
- Moab, UT, and Gateway
Information for Dolores Self-Guided Boaters:
The Dolores River (Gateway Canyon) is managed by the Bureau of Land Management out of Moab, UT.
- Boating Permit Required: YES
- Permit Details: There is no fee charged and you do not need to submit an application, but you must obtain a permit in advance. This permit must be signed by the trip leader and carried on the river to be authorized.
- River Manager: U.S Bureau of Land Management – Moab Field Office
82 East Dogwood, Moab, UT 84532
435.259.2100 ~ www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/moab.html
Please contact the river manager (above) for information on shuttles.