Clear Creek White Water Rafting Description:
The closest whitewater to Denver. This steep, narrow and technical river winds through the historic mining valley of Idaho Springs and offers more rapids than most commercial rafting in Colorado.
• Difficulty: Class III-V (What does this mean?)
• Season: May – August White Water Rafting Trips on Clear Creek: Trip Lengths:
1/2 & Full Day Outfitter:
Clear Creek Rafting Learn More:
Clear Creek Rafting Sections:
Fast-paced, exciting whitewater conveniently located along 1-70 near Idaho Springs.
Upper Clear Creek
Just up the hill from Denver, this section offers exhilarating rapids that are fast-paced and challenging.
Steep, technical and demanding white water section close to the cities on Colorado’s Front Range.
Lower Clear Creek
Close to Golden, this exciting section of white water provides a great side trip outside of the city.
Information for Clear Creek Self-Guided Boaters:
Clear Creek is in Clear Creek and Jefferson counties and is managed by Clear Creek County.
- Boating Permit Required: NO
- Permit Details: Information on possible access restrictions under specific section page.
- River Manager: Clear Creek County (Planning/Zoning)
405 Argentine Street, Po Box 2000, Georgetown, CO 80444
303.679.2300 ~ www.co.clear-creek.co.us
Shuttles: If shuttle service is available, information is listed under the specific section page.