Packing List, Directions and Other Important Information for Your Trip
Please share with everyone in your group. If you have any questions or need additional information call us at 1.800.462.7238.
DEPARTURE & RETURN TIMES
WHERE TO MEET
Your trip will meet in the Salt River Canyon at the junction of Highway 60 and the river between Highway Mile Markers 292 and 293.
From Phoenix, go to Globe on Hwy 60 East. Go all the way through Globe and on the east side of town there is a left hand turn at a stoplight going toward Show Low. Highway 60 turns here! (If you miss the turn, you will be on Hwy 70 going toward Safford!)
From Tucson, get on Hwy 77 North. As you enter Globe on the east side of town there is a right turn onto Hwy 60 going toward Show Low.
Once you turn at the stoplight in Globe on Highway 60, it is 45 minutes to the river. At the river bridge, go across the bridge to the north side of the river and immediately turn left onto the dirt road (watch for our sign). Head downstream about 100 yards on the dirt road and look for the Wilderness Aware trailers and vehicles in the parking area on your right. The parking area is just downstream of the bridge, so don’t go too far or you’ll miss us!
WHAT TO BRING – DAY
- Swimming Suit and/or Shorts
- Tennis Shoes or Secure Sandals (no flip-flops or Crocs)
- Sunglasses with Securing Strap
- Waterproof Sunscreen
- Hat or Visor (can be worn under your helmet)
- Fleece Jacket or Synthetic Insulating Layer
- Waterproof Camera (available for sale)
- Cash For Souvenirs and Tipping Your Guide
- Water bottle
- Do Not Wear Cotton on the River (no jeans or sweats)
WHAT TO BRING – CAMP
- Warm Sleeping Bag / Ground Pad (available to rent)
- Tent (available to rent)
- Warm Jacket
- Rain Jacket or Poncho
- Dry Shoes for Camp
- Change of Clothes and Small Towel
- Headlamp or Flashlight
- Plastic Bag for Wet Clothes
- Insect Repellent
- Favorite Beverage (Beer or Soda)
- Favorite Book or Toy
- Wetsuit Booties
- Splash Jacket
- Meals from Lunch on the First Day Through Lunch on the Last Day
- Lemonade and Water with Meals and Hot Drinks in Camp
- Personal Waterproof Storage Bags – 3.2 cu. ft.
- All Kitchen & Group Camping Equipment
- Transportation Back to Your Car at the End of the Trip
- Professional Guides
- Rafting and Safety Equipment
- Portable Chemical Toilets
All cool weather items (wetsuits, wetsuit booties and splash jackets) are included in the cost of Salt River trips!
Sleeps 2 people w/gear
Sleeping Bag w/ Ground Pad
Ground Pad Only