Get a taste of white water on the short and sweet half day Salt River trip! Rafters of all skill levels and kids ages 8+ can take part in this amazing trip between March and early May. Depart from the canyon just north of Globe, Arizona – a short distance from the cities of Phoenix and Tucson.
Adults: $89 Youth: $75.65
- 10:00 AM Departure
- March 3 to May 6 (2018)
- 6 miles on the river
- Beginner/Intermediate, Class III rapids
- Ages 8 years and up*
- Experienced guide on each raft
- High water/cool weather items included (wetsuit, wetshoes & splash jacket)
- Located near Globe, Arizona near Phoenix and Tucson
About the Salt River Half Day Upper Canyon Trip
The Half Day trip begins at the same place as our Full Day Salt River trip and finishes at our private beach. Guests that are staying for the Full Day trip will enjoy a hot fajita lunch while participants on the Half Day trip will return to the starting point in our shuttle vehicle.
On this exhilarating trip you’ll experience thrilling class III white water as you raft through the unique entrenched meander of Mule Hoof Bend. You and the crew will navigate many rapids including Maytag Chute, Mother Rock, Overboard Rapid. This is a great opportunity to explore the wonders of the Upper Salt River Canyon in just a short trip.
This exciting white water adventure is next door to both of Arizona’s major metropolitan areas. An easy drive from Phoenix or Tucson, you can leave in the morning and be home by early afternoon. Spend the morning making memories for a lifetime!
- *Youth price is valid for those 8-12 years old. Youth must weigh at least 50 lbs. Minimum age and weight are subject to increase due to high water.
- Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more.
- Please arrive at 30-45 minutes prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your wetsuit, wetshoes, splash jacket, lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat, and transportation to and from the river. The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, $25 Apache Permit Fee or guide tip.
Map & Directions to Salt River Canyon, AZ
Our office is located at the base of the Salt River Canyon (on the opposite side of the bridge from the rest stop), just off of Hwy 60/AZ 77, about 40 minutes north of Globe, AZ and 45 south of Show Low, AZ.
- Packing List and Pre-Trip Information: a complete list of what to bring, what we provide, rental costs and directions.
- Liability Release: required for each rafter. Please feel free to complete this form prior to arrival. Each person under 18 years of age requires a parent/guardian to co-sign.
- Salt River Description: information about the Salt River, including a complete list of all trips we offer.
- Itinerary: read our sample itinerary.
- Gallery: look through photos of the Salt River, our other rivers, staff, wildlife and more.
- River Map: check out our detailed river maps including rapids and other features.
- FAQ’s: Take a look through our most frequently asked questions and answers.