Raft with us on Arizona’s most popular white water rafting full day trip! Fast-paced, exciting rapids greet you on this 10 mile Salt River journey located near Globe, Arizona – close to Phoenix and Tucson. All skill levels and kids ages 8+ are welcome on this springtime trip that departs daily from March-early May.
Adults: $130 Youth: $110.50
- 10:00 AM Departure
- March 3 to May 6 (2018)
- 10 miles on the river
- Beginner/Intermediate, Class III-IV rapids
- Experienced guide on each raft
- Ages 8 years and up*
- Hot steak, chicken and veggie fajita lunch included
- High water/cool weather items included (wetsuit, wetshoes & splash jacket)
- Located near Globe, Arizona near Phoenix and Tucson
About the Salt River Full Day Upper Canyon Trip
On this exhilarating trip you’ll experience thrilling class III and IV whitewater as you raft through the unique entrenched meander of Mule Hoof Bend. You and the crew will navigate many rapids including Maytag Chute, Mother Rock, and the powerful waves of Exhibition Rapid. This is a great opportunity to explore the wonders of the Upper Salt River Canyon while encountering a scenic panorama of limestone cliffs where endangered Southern Bald Eagles make their home.
This exciting white water adventure is next door to both of Arizona’s major metropolitan areas. An easy drive from Phoenix or Tucson, you can leave in the morning and be home by dinner time.
Extraordinary guides, an optional side-canyon hike to a sparkling waterfall, and a delicious all-you-can-eat hot fajita lunch compliment a day of heart pounding whitewater. Spend the day making memories for a lifetime!
- *Youth price is valid for those 8-12 years old. Youth must weigh at least 50 lbs. Minimum age and weight are subject to increase due to high water.
- Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more.
- Please arrive at 30-45 minutes prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your wetsuit, wetshoes, splash jacket, lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat, transportation to and from the river and lunch. The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, $25 Apache Permit Fee or guide tip.
Map & Directions to Salt River Canyon, AZ
Our office is located at the base of the Salt River Canyon (on the opposite side of the bridge from the rest stop), just off of Hwy 60/AZ 77, about 40 minutes north of Globe, AZ and 45 south of Show Low, AZ.
- Packing List and Pre-Trip Information: a complete list of what to bring, what we provide, rental costs and directions.
- Liability Release: required for each rafter. Please feel free to complete this form prior to arrival. Each person under 18 years of age requires a parent/guardian to co-sign.
- Salt River Description: information about the Salt River, including a complete list of all trips we offer.
- Itinerary: read our sample itinerary.
- Gallery: look through photos of the Salt River, our other rivers, staff, wildlife and more.
- River Map: check out our detailed river maps including rapids and other features.
- FAQ’s: Take a look through our most frequently asked questions and answers.