Depart late and dash down the Salt River Full Day section, forgoing lunch for a small snack so you can take on as many rapids as possible! This action-packed trip departs near Globe, Arizona, a couple hour drive from Phoenix and Tucson. Suitable for all skill levels and kids age 8+, this trip is available March-early May.
Adults: $115 Youth: $97.75
- 11:30 AM Departure
- March 3 to May 6 (2018)
- 10 miles on the river
- Beginner/Intermediate, Class III-IV rapids
- Experienced guide on each raft
- Ages 8 years and up*
- Mid-trip snack included
- High water/cool weather items included (wetsuit, wetshoes & splash jacket)
- Located near Globe, Arizona near Phoenix and Tucson
About the Salt River Full Day ‘Sprint’ Upper Canyon Trip
We have the perfect trip for you if you want to tackle all the same rapids as our Full Day Salt River trip – without the early start! The Full Day ‘Sprint’ trip rafts all 10 exciting miles of Class III and IV rapids that the full day offers, with a quick stop for a snack instead of a full lunch. This trip offers adventure, wonderful desert beauty and great whitewater at a quick pace.
Maytag, Mother Rock and Overboard are just a few of the challenging rapids you will tackle early in your trip. Then cruise through the beautiful volcanic rock formations of the Narrows before stopping for a quick snack and restroom break. Back on the river you will navigate through the powerful waves of Exhibition rapid and Mescal Falls.
Though this full day is a quick version of our standard full day, there is definitely no shortage of thrilling whitewater!
- *Youth price is valid for those 8-12 years old. Youth must weigh at least 50 lbs. Minimum age and weight are subject to increase due to high water.
- Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more.
- Please arrive at 30-45 minutes prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your wetsuit, wetshoes, splash jacket, lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat, transportation to and from the river and snack. The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, $25 Apache Permit Fee or guide tip.
Map & Directions to Salt River Canyon, AZ
Our office is located at the base of the Salt River Canyon (on the opposite side of the bridge from the rest stop), just off of Hwy 60/AZ 77, about 40 minutes north of Globe, AZ and 45 south of Show Low, AZ.
- Packing List and Pre-Trip Information: a complete list of what to bring, what we provide, rental costs and directions.
- Liability Release: required for each rafter. Please feel free to complete this form prior to arrival. Each person under 18 years of age requires a parent/guardian to co-sign.
- Salt River Description: information about the Salt River, including a complete list of all trips we offer.
- Itinerary: read our sample itinerary.
- Gallery: look through photos of the Salt River, our other rivers, staff, wildlife and more.
- River Map: check out our detailed river maps including rapids and other features.
- FAQ’s: Take a look through our most frequently asked questions and answers.