Embrace and relish the Salt River lifestyle with amazing and exciting rapids, exploration and relaxation. Located near Globe, Arizona and the larger cities of Phoenix and Tucson, this 5 Day trip is a true getaway from the everyday. Available from March-early May, this trip is suitable for intermediate rafters, outgoing beginners and kids ages 10+. This trip is sure to be one to remember!
Adults: $919 Youth: $781.15
- 9:00 AM Departure
- March 3 to May 6 (2018)
- 51 miles on the river
- Beginner/Intermediate, Class III-IV rapids
- Experienced guide on each raft
- Ages 10 years and up*
- Meals included, from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 5
- High water/cool weather items included (wetsuit, wetshoes & splash jacket)
- Located near Globe, Arizona near Phoenix and Tucson
About the Salt River 5 Day Wilderness Trip
The Salt River 5 Day Trip is one of the premier Wilderness trips in the United States. This trip provides an opportunity for total escape. We have the luxury of time to explore flowing creeks in beautiful side canyons, play games on sand beaches, and generally get into the flow of what we call “river time”. Experience world-class whitewater, fascinating geology, giant multi-armed saguaro cactus, Indian ruins, and desert canyons carpeted in Sonoran Desert wildflowers. The Salt River Canyon is truly a hidden treasure of the southwest.
Strict limits on the number of groups launching each day ensures that crowds will not degrade the experience that many boaters seek.
5 day trips travel farther and deeper into the grandeur of the Salt River Canyon system than our 2 or 3 Day wilderness trips. Remote, inaccessible Jumpoff Canyon and the Goosenecks offer abundant riverside campsites that are accessible only by raft. Hear and feel the roar of exciting rapids such as Quartzite Falls, Black Rock, The Maze, and Corkscrew.
This trip has a strict maximum of 12 people per trip.
- *Youth price is valid for those 10-16 years old. Youth must weigh at least 60 lbs. Minimum age and weight are subject to increase due to high water.
- Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more.
- Please arrive at least 1 hour prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your wetsuit, wetshoes, splash jacket, lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat, overnight bag, potable chemical toilet, transportation to and from the river and all meals from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 5. The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, $50 Apache Permit Fee or guide tip.
Map & Directions to Salt River Canyon, AZ
Our office is located at the base of the Salt River Canyon (on the opposite side of the bridge from the rest stop), just off of Hwy 60/AZ 77, about 40 minutes north of Globe, AZ and 45 south of Show Low, AZ.
- Packing List and Pre-Trip Information: a complete list of what to bring, what we provide, rental costs and directions.
- Liability Release: required for each rafter. Please feel free to complete this form prior to arrival. Each person under 18 years of age requires a parent/guardian to co-sign.
- Salt River Description: information about the Salt River, including a complete list of all trips we offer.
- Itinerary: read our sample itinerary.
- Gallery: look through photos of the Salt River, our other rivers, staff, wildlife and more.
- River Map: check out our detailed river maps including rapids and other features.
- FAQ’s: Take a look through our most frequently asked questions and answers.