Travel deep into the grandeur of the Salt River Wilderness, and tackle exhilarating white water on this amazing 4 Day adventure. Trips depart just north of Globe, Arizona and the metropolitan areas of Phoenix and Tucson. Suitable for all skill levels, raft during March, April and early May with family, friends and kids ages 10+.
Adults: $749 Youth: $636.65
- 9:00 AM Departure
- March 3 to May 6 (2018)
- 51 miles on the river
- Beginner/Intermediate, Class III-IV rapids
- Experienced guide on each raft
- Ages 10 years and up*
- Meals included, from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 4
- High water/cool weather items included (wetsuit, wetshoes & splash jacket)
- Located near Globe, Arizona near Phoenix and Tucson
About the Salt River 4 Day Wilderness Trip
Do you want to experience all 51 miles of the Upper, Middle and Lower Canyons but 5 days doesn’t fit your schedule or budget? The quicker pace of this trip may be perfect for you! Our 4 Day Salt River Wilderness trip is a fantastic escape into the heart of the Salt River Canyon – complete with exciting and challenging rapids and breathtaking scenery.
After a day spent on the river taking on fast-paced and thrilling class III-IV rapids, your guides prepare delicious homemade meals from scratch. You can lend a hand in the kitchen or feel free to sit back in a comfortable chair and relax… enjoying the awe inspiring views of giant saguaro cactus which is unique to whitewater rivers of the world. There are opportunities to take quick hikes up spectacular side canyons.
A trip through the isolated and remarkable Salt River Canyon is truly an opportunity that should not be missed!
This trip has a strict maximum of 12 people per trip.
- *Youth price is valid for those 10-16 years old. Youth must weigh at least 60 lbs. Minimum age and weight are subject to increase due to high water.
- Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more.
- Please arrive at least 1 hour prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your wetsuit, wetshoes, splash jacket, lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat, overnight bag, potable chemical toilet, transportation to and from the river and all meals from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 4. The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, $50 Apache Permit Fee or guide tip.
Map & Directions to Salt River Canyon, AZ
Our office is located at the base of the Salt River Canyon (on the opposite side of the bridge from the rest stop), just off of Hwy 60/AZ 77, about 40 minutes north of Globe, AZ and 45 south of Show Low, AZ.
- Packing List and Pre-Trip Information: a complete list of what to bring, what we provide, rental costs and directions.
- Liability Release: required for each rafter. Please feel free to complete this form prior to arrival. Each person under 18 years of age requires a parent/guardian to co-sign.
- Salt River Description: information about the Salt River, including a complete list of all trips we offer.
- Itinerary: read our sample itinerary.
- Gallery: look through photos of the Salt River, our other rivers, staff, wildlife and more.
- River Map: check out our detailed river maps including rapids and other features.
- FAQ’s: Take a look through our most frequently asked questions and answers.