Take time to truly unwind on this superb desert getaway that combines two breathtaking sections of the Dolores River. The fast-paced rapids of Ponderosa Gorge giveway to the mild, winding water of Slickrock Canyon. Located near Durango and Cortez, CO, raft in late May-early June through both exciting rapids and mild water. Those ages 10+ and all skill levels are suitable for this adventure.
Adults: $1009 Youth: $857.65
- 9:00 AM Departure
- May and Early June, water permitting
- 100 miles on the river
- Beginner/Intermediate, Class II-IV rapids
- Ages 10 years and up*
- Experienced guide on each raft
- Meals included, from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 6
- Located near Cortez, Colorado near Durango and four corners region
About the Dolores River 6 Day Ponderosa & Slickrock Trip
Can’t decide between the 3 Day Ponderosa Gorge and the 3 Day Slickrock Canyon? Looking for a longer trip? Combine the towering Ponderosa pine and Douglas fir dotted desert landscape, Anasazi ruins, and gripping rapids of Ponderosa Gorge with the breathtaking views of Big Gypsum Valley and towering sandstone walls of the Dolores River Canyon Wilderness Study Area in Slickrock Canyon.
From the shady campsites of Ponderosa Gorge to the sunny beaches of Slickrock Canyon, this is one of the most diverse rafting trips in the southwest.
If you are looking for an extended scenic wilderness trip, far from the crowds, this trip is for you!
- *Youth price is valid for those 10-16 years old. Youth must weigh at least 60 lbs. Minimum age and weight are subject to increase due to high water.
- Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more.
- Please arrive at least 1 hour prior to departure time.
- Price listed includes your lifejacket, helmet, guide, boat, overnight bag, potable chemical toilet, transportation to and from the river and all meals from lunch on day 1 through lunch on day 6. The prices listed do not include 9% land and water access fees, cold weather rentals, camping rentals or guide tip.
Map & Directions to Cortez, Colorado
Our Dolores River trips meet at the Cozy Inn in Cortez, Colorado. The Cozy Inn is located in the southwest part of the town of Cortez, about 46 miles west of Durango, Colorado.
- Packing List and Pre-Trip Information: a complete list of what to bring, what we provide, rental costs and directions.
- Liability Release: required for each rafter. Please feel free to complete this form prior to arrival. Each person under 18 years of age requires a parent/guardian to co-sign.
- Dolores River Description: information about the Dolores River, including a complete list of all trips we offer.
- Itinerary: read our sample itinerary.
- Gallery: look through photos of the Dolores River, our other rivers, staff, wildlife and more.
- River Map: check out our detailed river maps including rapids and other features.
- FAQ’s: Take a look through our most frequently asked questions and answers.