We Are Proud to Deliver the Best Whitewater Rafting Trips in the World!
Wilderness Aware takes a tremendous amount of pride in the unique individuals we hire to become part of our company. Here is a look at the people that make up our white water rafting family.
Meet Our Owners and Managers:
- The Greiner Family – Owners – Joe and Sue Greiner purchased Wilderness Aware in 1985. Joe got his start in the outdoors in Boy Scouts and is an Eagle Scout. His degree is in Environmental Interpretation. Joe and Sue have two sons, Benjamin and Ethan.
- Jody Werner – Information Systems – Jody began working for Wilderness Aware in 1986. Since then she has worked as a shuttle driver, Office Manager and finally as the Information Systems Manager. Jody moved to Buena Vista in 1978, is married to husband Pete, has two sons RJ and Nathan, and two grandbabies Michael and Bailey.
- Lillian Simpson – Digital Marketing – Lillian started working for Wilderness Aware in 2001. She worked in the office before moving into the Office Manger position in 2006, and into the Digital Marketing and Design position in 2010. Lillian has a degree in art and education from Fort Lewis in Durango, CO, is married to husband Craig and has one son, Chase.
- Katie Schmitt – Office Manager – Katie starting working for Wilderness Aware in the summer of 2006. She has working as an office reservationist during the summer before moving into the Office Manger position in 2009. She graduated from Colorado State University in 2010.
- Catelin Miles – Assistant Office Manager – Catelin came to work for Wilderness Aware in 2009. Her first four summers at WA she worked as an office reservationist before taking on the challenge of guiding in 2013. In 2014 she began splitting her time between guiding on the river and working in the office as the Assistant Office Manager. Catelin is a Buena Vista native and spends her off season in Colorado Springs attending college.
- Mike Rogers – Operations Manager and Salt River Manager – Mike came to work for Wilderness Aware in 2009. Since then he has worked as a guide on the Salt River during spring and on our rivers in Colorado during the summer. He moved into the Salt River Manager position in the spring 2015, and then as Operations Manager in the summer of 2015.
- Zack Wright – Head Boatman – Zack came to work for Wilderness Aware in 2009. Since then he has worked as a guide during the summers before moving into the head boatman position in 2014.