Beautiful adventure with wonderful, knowledgeable, entertaining guides.
I have been on seven professional raft trips. This was by far the best all around.
This was my first rafting experience and you guys made it awesome! Thank you so much!
You are great to work with and your guides are fun to be around and well trained. Each experience I’ve had with you has been excellent.
Our guide was four star. I was so pleased. I’m a teacher of young surgeons and I grade tough.
I love WA and will tell everyone I know you are the best river outfit around.
From the enthusiastic greetings when we arrived at the office this am, all service was top notch
The trip, your people, your facility never get old.
Everybody had a great time and had nothing but positive things to say about your guides.
I started rafting at WA in 1999 and have always had a good time. I highly recommend WA to anyone who wants to raft.
Wilderness Aware’s White Water Guides & Managers
We Are Proud to Deliver the Best Whitewater Rafting Trips in the World!
Wilderness Aware takes a tremendous amount of pride in the unique individuals we hire to become part of our company. Here is a look at the people that make up our white water rafting family.
Meet Our Owners and Managers:
- The Greiner Family – Owners – Joe and Sue Greiner purchased Wilderness Aware in 1985. Joe got his start in the outdoors in Boy Scouts and is an Eagle Scout. His degree is in Environmental Interpretation. Joe and Sue have two sons, Benjamin and Ethan.
- Jody Werner – Information Systems – Jody began working for Wilderness Aware in 1986. Since then she has worked as a shuttle driver, Office Manager and finally as the Information Systems Manager. Jody moved to Buena Vista in 1978, is married to husband Pete, has two sons RJ and Nathan, and two grandbabies Michael and Bailey.
- Lillian Simpson – Digital Marketing – Lillian started working for Wilderness Aware in 2001. She worked in the office before moving into the Office Manger position in 2006, and into the Digital Marketing and Design position in 2010. Lillian has a degree in art and education from Fort Lewis in Durango, CO, is married to husband Craig and has one son, Chase.
- Brad Kingman – Operations Manager – Brad was hired by Wilderness Aware in 2006. Since then he has worked from WA as a guide both in Colorado and Arizona. His experience on the Salt River in both 2008 and 2009 earned him a spot as the Salt River Manger in 2010, head boatman in 2013 and finally as Operations Manager in 2014.
- Zack Wright – Head Boatman – Zack came to work for Wilderness Aware in 2009. Since then he has worked as a guide during the summers before moving into the head boatman position in 2014.
- Katie Schmitt – Office Manager – Katie starting working for Wilderness Aware in the summer of 2006. She has working as an office reservationist during the summer before moving into the Office Manger position in 2009. She graduated from Colorado State University in 2010.
- Natalie Keim – Assistant Office Manager – Natalie came to work for Wilderness Aware in 2008. During the summers, she worked for WA as an office reservationist and moved into the Asst. Office Manger position in 2010. During the winter she lives in Montana.