Just wanted to drop a quick note expressing our gratitude for a magnificent time on the river this past Tuesday. We couldn’t have asked for more. Cheers!!!
Family friend always said Wilderness Aware Rafting was the best. I totally agree!
I loved my experience here and will definitely be back with more people.
All of our guides worked really well with our Scouts working on whitewater merit badge.
Best time I’ve had on the river in the past 15 years!!!! Will return soon!!!
You are all amazing! I felt pampered and had a very stress free trip which is an amazing thing considering there were 36 teens coming along for the ride. Thank you!
Wahoo! Best trip ever!
Our guide was four star. I was so pleased. I’m a teacher of young surgeons and I grade tough.
I have rafted with other companies before but I found your company and Mike our guide to be outstanding! I will be back!
From the first phone call for the reservation to the end of the bus ride the staff was friendly and informative. Keep up the good work.
Wilderness Aware’s White Water Guides & Managers
We Are Proud to Deliver the Best Whitewater Rafting Trips in the World!
Wilderness Aware takes a tremendous amount of pride in the unique individuals we hire to become part of our company. Here is a look at the people that make up our white water rafting family.
Meet Our Owners and Managers:
- The Greiner Family – Owners – Joe and Sue Greiner purchased Wilderness Aware in 1985. Joe got his start in the outdoors in Boy Scouts and is an Eagle Scout. His degree is in Environmental Interpretation. Joe and Sue have two sons, Benjamin and Ethan.
- Jody Werner – Information Systems – Jody began working for Wilderness Aware in 1986. Since then she has worked as a shuttle driver, Office Manager and finally as the Information Systems Manager. Jody moved to Buena Vista in 1978, is married to husband Pete, has two sons RJ and Nathan, and two grandbabies Michael and Bailey.
- Lillian Simpson – Digital Marketing – Lillian started working for Wilderness Aware in 2001. She worked in the office before moving into the Office Manger position in 2006, and into the Digital Marketing and Design position in 2010. Lillian has a degree in art and education from Fort Lewis in Durango, CO, is married to husband Craig and has one son, Chase.
- Brad Kingman – Operations Manager – Brad was hired by Wilderness Aware in 2006. Since then he has worked from WA as a guide both in Colorado and Arizona. His experience on the Salt River in both 2008 and 2009 earned him a spot as the Salt River Manger in 2010, head boatman in 2013 and finally as Operations Manager in 2014.
- Zack Wright – Head Boatman – Zack came to work for Wilderness Aware in 2009. Since then he has worked as a guide during the summers before moving into the head boatman position in 2014.
- Katie Schmitt – Office Manager – Katie starting working for Wilderness Aware in the summer of 2006. She has working as an office reservationist during the summer before moving into the Office Manger position in 2009. She graduated from Colorado State University in 2010.
- Natalie Keim – Assistant Office Manager – Natalie came to work for Wilderness Aware in 2008. During the summers, she worked for WA as an office reservationist and moved into the Asst. Office Manger position in 2010. During the winter she lives in Montana.