The entire staff from reservations, first contact to trip guide was friendly and helpful. Our Scouts had an outstanding time!
I was very impressed by the intense training WA does. From the building to the guides, the incredible array of awards, WA is clearly a large step above the other companies. It really does show. This will always be our choice for rafting.
I always enjoy using Wilderness Aware. You do very well working with large groups and trying to be accommodating.
This was my first rafting experience and you guys made it awesome! Thank you so much!
I have rafted with several other companies and this experience ranks as one of the best. Thanks
We wanted to thank you all for a great adventure. You guys absolutely are the best, not just as guides but as people in general. We feel like we made awesome new friends.
From the enthusiastic greetings when we arrived at the office this am, all service was top notch
Roses are red, violets are blue, I had fun rafting with you.
We love your company.
I have been on seven professional raft trips. This was by far the best all around.
Wilderness Aware’s White Water Guides & Managers
We Are Proud to Deliver the Best Whitewater Rafting Trips in the World!
Wilderness Aware takes a tremendous amount of pride in the unique individuals we hire to become part of our company. Here is a look at the people that make up our white water rafting family.
Meet Our Owners and Managers:
- The Greiner Family – Owners – Joe and Sue Greiner purchased Wilderness Aware in 1985. Joe got his start in the outdoors in Boy Scouts and is an Eagle Scout. His degree is in Environmental Interpretation. Joe and Sue have two sons, Benjamin and Ethan.
- Jody Werner – Information Systems – Jody began working for Wilderness Aware in 1986. Since then she has worked as a shuttle driver, Office Manager and finally as the Information Systems Manager. Jody moved to Buena Vista in 1978, is married to husband Pete, has two sons RJ and Nathan, and two grandbabies Michael and Bailey.
- Jack Gunckle – Operations Manager – Jack came to WA through CMC where he was an Outdoor Recreation Leadership major. It was then that he decided to spend the rest of his life on the river. So far so good! Jack began his current position of Operation Manager in 2008. He married wife Jamie in 2010.
- Lillian Simpson – Digital Marketing – Lillian started working for Wilderness Aware in 2001. She worked in the office before moving into the Office Manger position in 2006, and into the Digital Marketing and Design position in 2010. Lillian has a degree in art and education from Fort Lewis in Durango, CO, is married to husband Craig and has one son, Chase.
- Brad Kingman – Head Boatman – Brad was hired by Wilderness Aware in 2006. Since then he has worked from WA as a guide both in Colorado and Arizona. His experience on the Salt River in both 2008 and 2009 earned him a spot as the Salt River Manger in 2010, and into the head boatman position in Colorado in 2013.
- Katie Schmitt – Office Manager – Katie starting working for Wilderness Aware in the summer of 2006. She has working as an office reservationist during the summer before moving into the Office Manger position in 2009. She graduated from Colorado State University in 2010.
- Natalie Keim – Assistant Office Manager – Natalie came to work for Wilderness Aware in 2008. During the summers, she worked for WA as an office reservationist and moved into the Asst. Office Manger position in 2010. During the winter she lives in Idaho.